Ewing Memorial Library, became the only library in Pakistanto be a member of the AMICAL Consortium under its International Partnership Program. AMICAL is an international consortium of American-model, liberal arts institutions of higher learning located outside theUnited States. Its mission is to advance learning, teaching and research through the collaborative development of library and information services and curricular resources at member institutions.
Through AMICAL Consortium network the library has got membership of RESPOND program which is a joint effort on the part of AMICAL and OCLC to create new opportunities for resource discovery by library users, at AMICAL institutions and worldwide. Through RESPOND, AMICAL institutions become members of the OCLC cooperative and are able to benefit from the cooperative’s services and opportunities for professional contact and development. In particular, they obtain access to:
- OCLC cataloging services (OCLC Connexion, Batch Processing, CatExpress, Z39.50)
- WorldCat via FirstSearch (Users can search, make ILL request and track requests)
- WorldCat Resource Sharing (unlimited searching and ILL request creation & management)
- WorldCat Collection Analysis (Identifying your unique holdings through this service)
- Group Catalog (“AMICALcat”) (Search within AMICAL-RESPOND member Institutions)
The above mentioned services will help Ewing Memorial Library to improve its existing catalogue with the help of cooperative cataloguing services through OCLC Connexion’s web client. Hence the library will benefit from the resource sharing among all member libraries and will be able to search through all bibliographic records via OCLC WorldCat’s First Search services. We are in process of batch loading our bibliographic data and soon it will be searchable on OCLC Worldcat’s First Search service.